The Coaching Program is designed to familiarize participants with coaching principles and competencies while equipping them with exceptional skills to be leaders who coach. The skills learned in this program enable new coaches to work comfortably in various environments, build confidence in their coaching expertise and empower others by conducting meaningful coaching sessions.
Projected monthly breakdown/time commitment
- Initial Training Sessions: There are two two-day sessions to provide the basics of coaching. Projected training dates are June 15 and 16 and July 17 and 18. *Dates subject to change.
- After the second two-day session, there will be weekly training sessions (two hours) to practice and hone your craft. Projected weekly training sessions begin the week of July 31.
- If selected as a coach for ELP or LEAD, you may also be responsible to coach a small team once a month for another one to two hours.
Projected application/selection process timeline
- Application window: April 6–May 15
- Selection announcement: June 6
- First session: June 15
- Employee must be in current position for at least one year at the time of application.
- Employee must be in good standing, meaning maintain an acceptable level of performance including but not limited to absence of corrective action in the last one year and/or resolution of previous corrective action.